Saturday 7 August 2010

Cyprus

I thought I'd post some older cards for a change. I have so many that I really want to post about, I just never seem to have the time. ...and I'll have a two weeks break soon as I'll be off to Finland in a week.

Anyway, starting off with this lovely card from Cyprus.



This is one of the weirdest cards I've ever received through Postcrossing. Not so much because of the picture or anything like that, but because of the way I got it. I got a message from a Finnish woman living in Cyprus asking me if I'd like some postcards from Cyprus. Apparently she likes sending cards to random people and doesn't want anything in return for this. (I would've liked to send her something back as she sent me some truly gorgeous cards but I never got her address :(). You don't come across people like that too often!

This card shows a local pub in some village in Cyprus. The sender tells me that only men ever go there, although some female tourists occasionally turn up if they are thirsty.



The bigger stamp is from a set of 8 stamps issued in 2008, depicting Cyprus through the Ages. This one here is a Female Figurine. The other stamp is a 2008 reprint of the Refugee Fund tax stamp.

No comments: